Medication Therapy Management
The MTM Difference
City Drug Store is proud to offer Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services to eligible Medicare Part D patients and any non-Medicare patient. MTM services encompass five core elements with the goal of helping patients get the most out of their medication regimen.
- Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) - Systematic process of collecting patient-specific information, assessing medication therapies to identify medication-related problems, developing a prioritized list of medication-related problems, and devising a plan to resolve them.
- Personal Medication Record (PMR) - Comprehensive medication record of prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products. Patient's will receive an updated medication record that will be mailed or picked up at the pharmacy following their appointment.
- Medication-related Action Plan (MAP) - A patient-centered document containing a prioritized list of actions for the patient to use to achieve health-specific goals. Pharmacists and patients work together to develop these goals in a collaborative process.
- Intervention & Referral - The pharmacist intervenes to resolve medication-related problems and refers the patient to their physician when necessary.
- Documentation & Follow-Up - The pharmacist documents the MTM encounter and schedules a follow-up appointment with the patient at a later time to address the discussed health goals.
MTM services are provided on an appointment-only basis and give patients an opportunity to sit down with us one-on-one for an allotted block of time . These services are free of charge to Medicare patients and eligibility is determined by their insurance plan. Non-Medicare patients who desire an MTM appointment can call the pharmacy to set up an appointment and expect to pay out-of-pocket. For cash-paying customers, City Drug offers full MTM services at the following rates:
- 30 Minute Initial Appointment - $60
- 15 Minute Additional Increments - $30
City Drug Store is contracted with OutcomesMTM to provide MTM services to Medicare Part D beneficiaries. Medication Therapy Management gives patients the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the pharmacist to discuss their medications and health goals. MTM patients come away with a better understanding of their medications, their disease states, and are motivated to live productive and healthy lives!