In The Pharmacy Business for Five Generations
- City Drug Store opened on Main Street in Presque Isle in 1964 under the
- ownership of Joseph Talbot. A graduate of the University of Rhode
- Island in 1958, Joseph worked with his father-in-law at what was
- formerly Thompson’s Pharmacy upon graduation until purchasing City
- Drug Store. In 1977, City Drug Store relocated to a new building
- located on Academy Street. The new location featured one of the first
- pharmacy drive-thru service windows in Aroostook County. It was also
- one of the first pharmacies to implement computerized pharmacy software
- in 1981.
- Joseph’s son, Douglas, joined him in the family business upon
- graduation from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy in 1983. Douglas
- purchased City Drug Store in 1988 and they continued to work together
- until shortly before Joseph passed away in 2004. Douglas owned City
- Drug Store and its subsidiaries under his company, City Pharmacies
- Inc., until June 2019.
- Douglas welcomed his son, Matthew, into the family business following
- his graduation from the University of Rhode Island in 2014. Matthew
- represents the fifth generation pharmacist in the family and
- has continued the family tradition of leading City Drug Store in the
- future. Matthew formed Aroostook Apothecary, LLC and purchased City
- Drug Store and its subsidiaries from Douglas in June 2019.
Matthew Talbot, PharmD
- Matt is the owner and president of Aroostook
- Apothecary, LLC and has owned City Drug Store and Ashland Drug
- Store since 2019. Matt joined his father as a full-time pharmacist
- at City Drug Store as a graduate from the University of Rhode Island in
- 2014. As the pharmacist-in-charge, Matt is responsible for overseeing
- all pharmacy operations and ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations. He is licensed to provide immunizations, is a provider of Medication Therapy Management services, and performs long-term care consulting services.
Douglas Talbot, R.Ph
- Doug was the owner and president of City Drug Store from 1988 to 2019. A graduate of Massachusetts College of Pharmacy in 1983, Doug worked with his father Joseph for a number of years before purchasing the business from him in 1988. He is a staff pharmacist and one of the primary long-term care consulting pharmacists at City Drug Store.
Paul Guiou, PharmD
- Paul is a staff pharmacist at City Drug Store and pharmacist-in-charge at Ashland Drug Store. Paul is a graduate from Husson University in 2013 and is licensed to provide immunizations and Medication Therapy Management services.